Animal Nepal dog adoption program
Giving a home to a rescue dog is one of the best decisions you will make in your life. Our treatment center in Chobhar is not a shelter, therefore most of the dogs that come in for treatment are released back on the streets following recovery. Dogs that are particularly vulnerable such as puppies, handicapped and elderly dogs are then transferred to our adoption program as they would struggle to survive on the streets.
There are thousands of dogs across Nepal looking for a forever home and here some benefits of adopting a dog:
- Adopting a dog means you won’t be supporting puppy mills – If you buy a puppy from a pet shop or a breeder, the chances are they come from a puppy mill where they are kept in terrible conditions. To people and shops selling puppies, profit and not the welfare of the dog is of utmost importance. By adopting a rescue, you can help lower the demand for puppies from puppy mills.
- By adopting a dog, you are saving at least one life
- Adopt an older dog and you can skip the puppy stage – Puppies are cute but they can be a lot of work. They need training and constant attention. If you want a calmer and quieter experience with your dog, then adopting an older dog might be the best choice for you.
- A dog can improve your health – Studies have shown that in comparison to non-dog owners, dog owners display better physical and mental health.
- Even volunteering to foster has its benefits – If you’re not quite ready to adopt, consider fostering, which has a number of benefits for you and for the dogs you’re housing. Without making a long-term commitment, you can still help vulnerable dogs by looking after them while they wait to be adopted.
Animal Nepal will vaccinate and neuter your dog – If you adopt from us, the dog will receive a full medical check before going home with you and will be up to date with their vaccinations. In the first year, Animal Nepal will spay/neuter your pet, provide vaccinations and carry out any minor medical procedures free of cost.
If you are interested in learning more about adopting or fostering a dog from us, please have a read through our